In your opinion and in light of 1-2 timothy how structured should a church be? It should be very structured!! Have people working together for sure to build up the church body. Determine what the church should look like and have overseers and deacons as 1 Timothy 3 talks about. Who should have authority in that structure? Ultimately God. But the church as in the main body of believers should have a say in the structure. Small group of deacons and pastor/pastors should have the last word or the main word or say of authority. Can a woman be a pastor or be a part of that authoritative structure? Well 1 Timothy 2:11-14 states... A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent. For Adam was formed first then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived, it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety. So that sums it up right? I mean I don't think a woman should be head pastor but maybe be able to teach occasionally.
My church is structured as in that there is a head pastor and assistant pastor and deacons who make most of the choices for the church but also allow the body of the church, the believers, to vote on how to run it or how things should function. I'm not sure there is one certain way to do things but if there is I have not dug deeper into this topic. So I shall keep searching
Good job. You used some scripture... good job. It is a tough verse and certainly sounds pretty clear. Those who disagree will find a different interpretation, but there can only be one... so which is the correct interpretation? You are right, you will need to dig deeper.
ReplyDeleteThanks for looking into the structure of your church.